Reading Roadrunners Shinfield 10K
UKA Licence 2023 – 44304
Monday 1st May 2023
“My first 10k and I enjoyed it a lot. A very well organised event. The support from the locals was amazing”
- 10k starts at 09.30
- Berkshire County Road Running Championship Race
- Chip timing, with SMS result sent directly to your mobile phone
- Age group prizes from senior to 80+
- Prize for first male and female local finishers (RG2/RG7 postcode)
- Friendly, supportive marshals
- Bag storage and toilets at the start
- May Day fete and fun fair
- Free parking at Wood Group (formerly Foster Wheeler)
- Junior Cross Country Races – bring the whole family!
You can enter online here at Entryhub, or on the day (if there are any places left). Please note entries on
the day close at 09:00am..
10k race entry
UKA affiliated runners
In advance £16*
On the day £20
In advance £18*
On the day £22
Closing date for advance entries 27th April 2023 ( inclusive )
*Online entries subject to a £1.63 admin fee. All profits go to The Shinfield Association, local charities and the Reading Roadrunners’ nominated charity.
The small print
- Please note, there are no refunds in the event of race cancellation, or a runner withdrawing before the race for whatever reason. If you are no longer able to run and wish to transfer your number to another runner, please notify us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date (27 April 2023 inclusive).
- Race numbers and timing chips will not be mailed out and must be collected from the registration desk in the hall in Shinfield Infant & Nursery School on the day by 09:00am. Instructions for the day will be emailed to you once you have registered.
- Strictly NO Personal Stereos/MP3 players/iPods or similar devices to be worn whilst running; this will result in disqualification.
- Any queries about online entries should be emailed to email@example.com
- All other queries should be sent to the Race Director, Colin Cottell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Shinfield Junior Cross Country Races
11:30am Monday 1st May 2023
The Junior Cross Country Races are on Langley Mead, which is a 5-minute walk from School Green via Millworth Lane. They are held across the rough alluvial pasture and flood plain alongside the River Loddon, so may well be wet and slippery underfoot, and the grass will be long because of University of Reading experiments with rough pasture and wild flowers. There will also be potholes caused by cattle. The races are not chip-timed, and SMS results are not available.
- 11.30am Blue race – Ages 4,5,6 – 1.7k, one lap.
- 12.00noon Green race – Ages 7,8,9 – 1.7k, one lap.
- 12.30pm Red race – Ages 10,11,12 – 4.3k, two laps.
- 12.30pm Yellow race – Ages 13,14,15 – 6.5k, three laps.
Entry is £5 per runner in advance here at Entryhub or £7 on the day subject to a limit of 300 runners. All junior runners will receive a medal, and there are trophies for the first three boys and girls in each race. Please note, there are no refunds in the event of race cancellation, or a runner withdrawing before the race for whatever reason.
Course map for Junior Races available here
One adult may run with any child in the Blue race – Ages 4,5,6. Children aged 7 or older may not be accompanied. Headphones may not be worn during the race.
Runners should pick up their numbers from the school hall of Shinfield Infant & Nursery School no later than 30 minutes before the start of their race. Full instructions will be emailed out to runners once they have entered.
In association with
Like us on Facebook
Previous Race Results