Bramley 20 and 10 mile Road Races – Information for Local Residents
Palmer Park Sports Stadium, Palmer Park, Wokingham Road, Reading RG6 1LF
Chairperson –Carl Woffington
Please address correspondence regarding this event to Reading Roadrunners at Palmer Park, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reading Roadrunners is once again organising two road races, to be held on Sunday 17th February 2019.
Bramley Primary School has again agreed to Reading Roadrunners using the school premises as the race headquarters, the races will start and finish outside the school in Bramley Lane.
The races will be held on Sunday 17th February 2019 starting at 10:30. The runners will congregate at the start line on Bramley Lane, outside the school prior to this. The course will open when the race starts at 10.30 and will remain open to runners until 14:30.
The school gates will be opened at 08:00 on the morning of the race to enable us to park cars and assemble the start / finish area in Bramley Lane and the school entrance. We expect to have finished clearing the course and the start/finish in Bramley Lane by approximately 15.30. The school gates will be locked when we leave at this time.
We have arranged for parking for the runners to be well away from the school and course, in order to avoid inconveniencing you as far as possible. The main area for runners parking is on the MOD land off The Street in Bramley. It is very likely that there will be some congestion in the village when the competitors are arriving and parking,
The course consists of a 10 mile loop which will be run twice for the 20 mile race. There will be race marshals round the course and 3 drinks stations. See the course map for full details.
We have a traffic management plan in place, which has been agreed with both Basingstoke Council and the Police. Restrictions are as follows:
- Temporary road closures and diversions will be in place for 15-20 minutes at the start of the race.
- There will be no access to Moat Close and Bramley Lane during this short period (between 10:15 and 10:35).
- At the start of the race (at 10:30) there will be a rolling road block on Sherfield Road between Bramley Lane and Folly Lane until all the runners are through, which will take 10-15 minutes.
- Temporary road closures and diversions will be lifted and the roads will be re-opened after all the runners are clear (approx. 15 minutes)
- Bramley Lane will be closed with a diversion via Moat Close for the duration of the event.
We have assured the Council and the Police that the course will be well marshalled. First aid cover will be provided by the Red Cross. All marshals will have mobile phones to quickly report any incidents to the Race Headquarters. The marshals will ensure that the runners are considerate to local residents and to traffic on the roads.
We intend to minimise any inconvenience to you during the running of these races. If you wish to discuss any concerns that you may have, or would like further information about these races, please contact me at the above address.
For and on behalf of