Reading Roadrunners Shinfield 10K
Shinfield 10k and Junior Races will take place on Monday 6 May 2019
“Loved it. Great marshals & great support from locals, will definitely be back next year”
- 10k starts at 09.30
- Chip timing, with SMS result sent directly to your mobile phone
- Team prizes for UKA-affiliated clubs (first 4 finishers men and women)
- Age group prizes from senior to 80+
- Prize for first male and female local finishers (RG2/RG7 postcode)
- Medal and memento for all finishers under 90 minutes
- Friendly, supportive marshals
- Bag storage and toilets at the start
- May Day fete and fun fair
- Free parking (20 mins walk from the start) at Wood ( formerly Amec Foster Wheeler) RG2 9FW
- No parking at the start
- Junior races – bring the whole family!
You can enter online, or on the day (if there are any places left). Please note entries on the day close at 09:00am.
|10k Race Entry||In Advance||On The Day|
Sign-up online now
Closing date for advanced entries 02 May 2019
*Online entries subject to a £1.58 admin fee. All profits go to the Shinfield Association, local charities and the Reading Roadrunners’ nominated charity.
The small print
- Please note, there are no refunds in the event of race cancellation, or a runner withdrawing before the race for what ever reason. If you are no longer able to run and wish to transfer your number to another runner, please notify us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date (02 May 2019).
- Race numbers and timing chips will not be mailed out and must be collected from the registration desk in the Parish Hall on the day by 09:00am. Instructions for the day will be emailed to you once you have registered.
- Strictly NO Personal Stereos/MP3 players/iPods or similar devices to be worn whilst running; this will result in disqualification.
- Any queries about online entries should be emailed to email@example.com
- All other queries should be sent to the Race Director, Colin Cottell on firstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance with the event’s road closure order issued by Wokingham Borough Council, Hyde End Road, will be closed between the junction of Hollow Lane/A327 and High Copse Cottages between 09.15 and 09.45 on 6 May 2019.
Shinfield Junior Races
11:30am Monday 6th May 2019
The Junior Races are on Langley Common, Millworth Lane, which is a 5-minute walk from School Green. They are across the rough alluvial pasture and flood plain alongside the River Loddon, so may well be wet and slippery underfoot. The races are not chip timed.
- 11.30am Ages 4,5,6, – Blue numbers – 1.7k, one lap.
- 12.00noon Ages 7,8,9, – Green numbers – 1.7k, one lap.
- 12.30pm Ages 10,11,12, – Red numbers – 4.3k, two laps.
- 12.30pm Ages 13,14,15 – Yellow numbers – 6.5k, three laps.
Entry is £5 per runner in advance or £7 on the day subject to a limit of 300 runners. All junior runners will receive a medal and a race memento, and there are trophies for the first three boys and girls in each race. Please note, there are no refunds in the event of race cancellation, or a runner withdrawing before the race for whatever reason.
Course map for Junior Races available here
Runners for the Junior Races can enter here
One adult may run with any child in the Age 4,5,6 race Blue race. Children aged 7 or older may not be accompanied. Headphones may not be worn during the race.
Runners should pick up their numbers no later than 30 minutes before the start of their race. Full instructions will be emailed out to runners once they have entered.
NB: In the event of extreme weather, either very hot weather, very cold, or very wet, the race director reserves the right to reduce the length of the Junior Races, or to cancel races completely.
Previous Race Results