Reading Roadrunners Shinfield 10K
9.30am Friday 8 May 2020
“My first 10k and I enjoyed it a lot. A very well organised event. The support from the locals was amazing”
- 10k starts at 09.30
- Chip timing, with SMS result sent directly to your mobile phone.
- Age group prizes from senior to 80+
- Special VE Day 75th anniversary medal, and memento for all finishers under 90 minutes
- Prize for first male and female local finishers (RG2/RG7 postcode)
- Medal and memento for all finishers under 90 minutes
- Men and women’s team prizes for UKA-affiliated clubs
- Friendly, supportive marshals
- Bag storage and toilets at the start
- May Day fete and fun fair
- Free parking at Wood (formerly Amec Foster Wheeler)
- No parking at the start
- New for 2020 – 5k walk – £5 on the day entry only
- Junior races – bring the whole family!
You can enter online, or on the day (if there are any places left). Please note entries on the day close at 09:00am. Please note, to coincide with the VE Day Bank Holiday, this year’s race is on a Friday, not the usual Bank Holiday Monday.
|10k Race Entry||In Advance||On The Day|
Closing date for advanced entries 04 May 2020
*Online entries subject to a £1.60 to follow admin fee. All profits go to the Shinfield Association, and Reading Roadrunners’ nominated charity.
For those that would prefer slightly gentler exercise than the 10k, this year for the first time Shinfield will include a 5k walk. Starting at 09.30, the same time as the 10k, the route follows quiet lanes, paths, and residential roads before returning to School Green.
Entry for the 5k walk is on the day only, from the hall in Shinfield Infant & Nursery School. Please note the entry desk closes at 09.10. The entry fee is £5 for adults and £2 for anyone under the age of 16. Those participating in the walk are asked to assemble at the back of the 10k field in the runners’ assembly area in the health centre car park no later than 09.15. Please note that although walkers will get a number when they enter,the walk is not timed.
The small print
- Please note, there are no refunds in the event of race cancellation, or a runner withdrawing before the race for what ever reason. If you are no longer able to run and wish to transfer your number to another runner, please notify us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date (04 May 2020).
- Race numbers and timing chips will not be mailed out and must be collected from the registration desk in the Parish Hall on the day by 09:00am. Instructions for the day will be emailed to you once you have registered.
- Strictly NO Personal Stereos/MP3 players/iPods or similar devices to be worn whilst running; this will result in disqualification.
- Any queries about online entries should be emailed to email@example.com
- All other queries should be sent to the Race Director, Colin Cottell on firstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance with the event’s road closure order issued by Wokingham Borough Council, Hyde End Road, will be closed between the junction of Hollow Lane/A327 and High Copse Cottages between 09.15 and 09.45 on 8 May 2020.
Shinfield Junior Races
11:30am Friday 8th May 2020
The Junior Races are on Langley Common, along Millworth Lane, which is a 5-minute walk from School Green. They are across the rough alluvial pasture and flood plain alongside the River Loddon, so may well be wet and slippery underfoot, and the grass will be long because of University of Reading experiments with rough pasture and wild flowers. There will also be potholes caused by cattle. The races are not chip timed, and SMS results are not available.
- 11.30am Ages 4,5,6, – Blue numbers – 1.7k, one lap.
- 12.00noon Ages 7,8,9, – Green numbers – 1.7k, one lap.
- 12.30pm Ages 10,11,12, – Red numbers – 4.3k, two laps.
- 12.30pm Ages 13,14,15 – Yellow numbers – 6.5k, three laps.
Entry is £5 per runner in advance or £7 on the day subject to a limit of 300 runners. All junior runners will receive a medal, and there are trophies for the first three boys and girls in each race. Please note, there are no refunds in the event of race cancellation, or a runner withdrawing before the race for whatever reason.
Course map for Junior Races available here
Runners for the Junior Races can enter here
One adult may run with any child in the Age 4,5,6 race Blue race. Children aged 7 or older may not be accompanied. Headphones may not be worn during the race.
Runners should pick up their numbers from the Shinfield Infants’ School hall, School Green Shinfield no later than 30 minutes before the start of their race. Full instructions will be emailed out to runners once they have entered.
NB: In the event of extreme weather, either very hot weather, very cold, or very wet, the race director reserves the right to reduce the length of the Junior Races, or to cancel races completely.
Previous Race Results